Header with link back to Sharpshirter.com

sharpshirter.com

Sunday, May 18, 2008

My First blog!

Hey Sharpies!

So here's my first blog ever after 2 years of procrastination. First of all, I'd like to thank Dave Murray from Seibei for being my inspiration for blogging. I always gravitate to his site when I'm looking for a good read, so if this one isn't doing it for you, definitely give it a look.

Anyhoo, I just finished my first run of summer tradeshows. The first one was "The Big Art Show" in Philly. Although I braced myself for disaster, and used the trip from DC as an excuse to get out of the house, the show turned out to be a blast! I sold way more than I had expected, and I had a chance to show off my new line of laptop skins which have been doing really well (just got picked up by Urban Outfitters!!).

This weekend I had "The Punk Rock Flea Market" show in Lancaster, PA. Unfortunately the tables turned on this one, and my expectations were not met. There was a pretty so-so turnout, and on top of that, a lot of punk rock kids that thought spending wasn't too cool and just came to check things out. Regardless of the disappointing sales, I must say that I single handedly created the best booth I've ever made. Here's a shot of my masterpiece:

In case you're wondering why it's so bright, I brought my depresso-light for Seasonal Affective Disorder (I may or may not suffer from it, but I sure do like bright things), and it worked out really well.

In case you want to come out and show some support, here's my schedule for the the upcoming weeks:

Renegade Craft in Brooklyn June 14-15
Pile of Craft in Baltimore June 21
DIY in Maryland July 18-21 (biggest public outdoor event in the nation)
POOL in Vegas August 25-27 (buyers only show)

Well, that's a wrap on the first blog. I'll leave this inspirational photo for all you gamers out there:

That's my granny of 91 playing Wii tennis. If she can do it, so can you!

No comments: